Teacher of Art/Photography/Design Technology – MPR (Relocation allowance available)
We have an exciting teaching vacancy at the brand new Alderwood School. Alderwood School came into existence in April 2017, as a result of the amalgamation of Belle Vue Infant, Newport Junior and The Connaught Schools. It is Aldershot’s first all-through 4-16 school, based on 3 sites (infant, junior and senior). This vacancy is for a teacher who will initially be based at our senior site. There will be so many professional development opportunities created within our all-through 4-16 school that the world will be your oyster!
The person appointed will:
· Be passionate about the subjects and will be able to teach across the three disciplines highlight above
· Inspire pupils of all abilities and create outstanding learning experiences every day of the week
· Have the determination to nurture talent and build high levels of enthusiasm and resilience in the full range of visual arts
· Celebrate our pupils' diversity through innovative and inspirational challenges
· Deliver an exciting extra-curricular programme.
· Possess the skills to deliver digital art and photography
We have high expectations of all our pupils and provide them with excellent academic and pastoral support. Located in Aldershot, we are 30 miles from London and easily accessible from the A3/A31 and M3. Our pupils enjoy an extensive range of extra-curricular activities and in collaboration with our on-site Leisure Centre we are able to offer a varied evening programme for all age ranges.
Alderwood School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.