About our school and the role on offer:
Do you believe that all children, regardless or background or starting point, deserve a high quality education? Do you believe that excellent teaching can transform lives and communities? Are you passionate and committed to supporting young people to reach their full potential?
If you are, then Oasis Academy Shirley Park is the school for you! We are an all through Academy in Croydon, South London, with a proven track record of fantastic results at all key stages. We have a rigorous, academic curriculum offer and believe in the holistic development of all of our students, so that they can go on to be the best that they can be. Our motto is learning together, achieving forever; and we believe that by doing so we can transform the lives of our students and improve the community in which we are based.
We are looking for an outstanding Teacher of Art to join our team at Oasis Academy Shirley Park, you would be working under an experienced Head of Faculty so that this could be a perfect role for an excellent NQT looking for excellent support, and future opportunities to progress.
A TLR2B is available for the right candidate who is experienced in curriculum development. There is potential for additional allowances for more experienced leaders looking for whole school responsibilities linked linked to learning and teaching, and there are also opportunities to work alongside other schools in Oasis Community Learning.
Why you’ll want to join us:
- We are an Outstanding Academy in all areas (OFSTED 2013)
- You’ll work in a supportive environment, developing teachers at all stages of their career unqualified, newly qualified and experienced
- There may be internal opportunities to become Learning Zone Leader/Head of Faculty
- You’ll receive genuine support and CPD to develop you and open up career opportunities in the Oasis Community and beyond
- Assistance with travel costs
- You’ll be part of a team that believes every child should go to a great school as we work tirelessly to provide the children with an outstanding education.
- You understand education is not solely about excellent examination results but includes much more than that.
- You’ll have access to a free confidential counselling service for the times in your life when you need a little extra support
- You can access free eye tests if designated as a VDU user
Community is key:
Oasis Academy Shirley Park is part of the Oasis Community, we strongly believe in investing in local communities to bring about positive change. As part of the Ashburton Hub alongside Oasis Academy Ryelands and Oasis Academy Arena we strive to communicate well, share ideas and support our local community, as best we can. To find out more about our Academy please visit: www.oasisacademyshirleypark.org/
Where we are:
We are situated in Shirley a leafy suburb of Croydon bordering Addiscombe, in Croydon. We are easily accessed, being within 12 minutes of East Croydon train station by Tram to Woodside tram stop and with ample on site and residential parking.
What we are looking for:
- An Teacher of Art with experience of supporting students and staff alike to reach their potential.
- A Teacher that can also teach Photography is desirable.
- A teacher that is committed to assisting others to learn as the day you decided to become a teacher.
- A teacher with experience of working with a diverse group of students and employees.
- A teacher who will share our commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. Visit our website for more information. https://www.oasiscommunitylearning.org/who-we-are/vision-and-values/oasis-ethos-and-habits
About Oasis Community Learning:
Our vision is for community – a place where everyone is included making a contribution and reaching their God-given potential. This informs our ethos and our nine habits which shape behaviour throughout our academy. You don’t have to be a Christian to join our team, our ethos we are fully inclusive and welcome applications from all sections of the community to deliver our community vision.
To apply for this role complete the online application form. If you would like to discuss this role before submitting your application please contact us on: 020 8656 0222 or email email@example.com.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, we shortlist and interview as suitable applicants are found.
This job advert may be closed early should we find our ideal candidate.
20 May 2019 at 9am
Oasis Community Learning is and equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We have management practices in place which maintain the safety of those we serve. You are expected to share this commitment, openly take part in the management practices and undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
We kindly request recruitment or media agencies do not contact us regarding this role.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role’
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos. Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment. Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529.