The Brunts Academy Science department are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Biology, with the ability to teach all Key Stages. The successful candidate will join a large team of teaching staff and 2 Science technicians who are strongly focused upon raising standards. We enjoy good outcomes at KS4, with a large proportion of pupils carrying on to study Science in the sixth form where we deliver A Level Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
This post is a superb career opportunity in a school that has:
• Been Ofsted rated Good and has already made strides towards achieving Outstanding.
• Students who are willing and eager to learn.
• A track record of innovation and development.
• A high quality provision for personalised staff CPD and leadership development.
• Been recognised for improving the quality of education in other schools.
• A county recognised NQT programme which has been judged to be a model of good practice for years.
• Teacher contracts that are standard and we have adopted the normal teacher pension scheme.
• A comprehensive wellbeing scheme
• A proven track record for developing staff, securing good outcomes, good behaviour and good leadership.
As an Evolve Trust member of staff you will have the opportunity to:
• Benefit from accredited professional learning through Trust academies as well as opportunities to work with colleagues from primary and special education backgrounds.
• Access CPD through our membership of 2 Teaching Alliances, benefitting from accredited leadership development programmes as well as extensive training suitable for all career stages.
• Work in an environment where staff can trial new research informed educational innovations and share best practice.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.