Permanent full time position*
35 hours per week
Monday - Friday
To start ASAP
*The successful candidate will be temporary to Knox Academy (covering a maternity leave) until 28th June 2019, but permanent to East Lothian Council. At the end of the initial cover at Knox Academy, they will be redeployed to a suitable alternative class teacher vacancy within another East Lothian secondary school as required. Applicants must be willing to travel to any school in East Lothian.
You will be asked to indicate which post(s) you would like to be considered for when you complete the application form.
Please Note: Teachers who join East Lothian Council during the school session will only be entitled to a pro-rata salary and annual leave entitlement until the end of the session. A calculation will be carried out upon commencement and pay will be adjusted in the first available pay period to ensure they are paid correctly. It may be necessary to make adjustments over several months and in these instances employees will be advised in writing. Should you require clarification please contact Payroll on 01620 827781.
Teaching relevant subject through S1-S6.
Subject to the policies of the school and the education authority the duties of teachers, promoted and unpromoted, are to perform such tasks as the Head Teacher shall direct having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the following categories-
- Teaching assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction
- Developing the school curriculum
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the work of pupils
- Preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with their administration
- Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education
- Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils
- Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals
- Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development
- Participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review
- Contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the school
Please download the Job Outline/Person Specification (available under 'Related Documents') for the full range of tasks and duties associated with the job.
- Relevant Qualifications
- Registered with GTCS as a teacher of relevant subject
- For Permanent Posts: Full GTCS Registration is required.
- For Temporary Posts: Full/Provisional GTCS Registration is required.
This post is considered as Regulated Work with vulnerable children and/or protected adults, as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007.
All preferred candidates for posts carrying out regulated work with these groups will be required to become a PVG Scheme member, or undergo a PVG Scheme update if they are already a member, prior to any formal offer of employment being made by East Lothian Council.
Please note: PVG member’s records are constantly updated with any new vetting information that arises. Any information that is disclosed on a PVG membership or update check, if relevant to the post being applied for, will be discussed with the applicant and investigated prior to any formal offer being made.
If you have spent more than 3 months working or living outwith the UK in the last 5 years then you will be required to present a copy of an overseas criminal record check. Details of how to apply and contact details can be found on the GOV.UK website.
For additional East Lothian Council employment information please click on the following link:
East Lothian Council Secondary Schools
Further details on all East Lothian Council Secondary Schools, including individual school websites can be found here: Secondary Schools
If you have any difficulties creating an account on MyJobScotland or applying for this post please contact the MyJobScotland support team via this link https://www.myjobscotland.gov.uk/contact-us.
If you require further information about this vacancy, please call 01620 827868, or email us on email@example.com
Please note: we do not accept CV's. There is no function to allow you to upload a CV to MyJobScotland and we do not accept CV's by post or email. All our vacancies must be applied for by completing the on-line application form.
Closing date: 09/12/2018
Knox Academy, Pencaitland Road, Haddington, EH41 4DT