This role would suit an experienced teacher, someone seeking to broaden or deepen their experience, or an individual looking to make the transition into the independent sector. The successful candidate will be expected to teach through the school from Year 7 to 13.
This is a full-time, permanent position; however, the school would consider a job share for two candidates looking for part time.
Biology is a popular subject within the school and the laboratories are well equipped with three dedicated science technicians. There is plenty of scope for varied and diverse teaching strategies. In summer 2019, 82% of Biology A level grades were A*-B grades and 87% of Biology students GCSE grades were 9-6
The School has excellent facilities, having benefited from an extensive building and refurbishment programme including a sixth form centre and purpose-built boat club which opened in summer 2016. Entrance to the School is by competitive examination and the School values its excellent academic reputation.
The schools Vision is to build confidence, integrity and excellence in a caring, innovative and happy community, so that each student leaves having been given the best possible chance of achieving their full potential, taking with them sound values, a breadth of skills and knowledge and ready to take on the world!
• Laboratories are well equipped with three dedicated science technicians.
• Plenty of scope for varied and diverse teaching strategies.
• Based on an attractive 12-acre site.
• A well-qualified graduate with a good honour’s degree.
• A first-rate classroom teacher.
• Experience of teaching Biology from Year 7 through to A level.
• Ability to teach Chemistry and Physics to KS4 is an advantage.
• A good working knowledge of Teaching and Learning issues reflected in classroom practice.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills and willingness to embrace the School’s Digital Strategy.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
How to apply
If you are a Biology Teacher with the ability to teach up to KS5 who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via by contacting Nilo Noori and sending your CV across to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on 0207 065 7536.
Vision for Education Ltd - Permanent Recruitment Service
- Supply agency