A teacher of Biology is required for an immediate start to teach mainly Access with the potential to teach A Level Biology.
The successful candidate will be confident in teaching Anatomy and Physiology modules on Access to Medicine and Access to Nursing and Midwifery. The post will involve 1 evening per week with time taken back during the week.
The successful candidate will bring a love of Biology and an ability to communicate effectively to different age groups.
An energetic and flexible attitude is required with a strong belief that every person can acquire strategies to ensure they fulfil their true potential. Personal integrity, honesty, energy, stamina and enthusiasm are all essential attributes.
We welcome applications from both recently qualified teachers, and more experienced practitioners looking for their next challenge. What must be evident is the ability to achieve exceptional student performance.
The successful candidate will be:
• exemplary and inspiring in their teaching;
• highly organised and motivational
• have high expectations of all students, who is committed to all pupils reaching their full potential;
• reflective in classroom practice
• have high expectations of themselves and others;
• be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
• have excellent subject knowledge;
• be flexible and a good team player
West Lancashire College is a mixed, non-denominational, further education college, situated in Skelmersdale in Lancashire. The community-based college has 3,500 learners, both young people and adults of all abilities and backgrounds, and operates in ...