The Midland Academies Trust have an opportunity for a colleague who wishes to join a strong subject community within a knowledge focused trust by appointing a Teacher of PE for Hartshill School
The Midland Academies Trust is a close-knit family of schools where we believe that our staff are our greatest resource. Everything we do as a Trust has to fulfil the twin aims of accelerating student progress and reducing staff workload – if it doesn’t achieve both we simply don’t do it
We want it to be easy for our staff to help students achieve well and be prepared for a successful future. That’s why we continually review how we work and actively promote teachers as experts in their classrooms; provide a curriculum which is rich and deep in knowledge and work within a network of schools committed to using and sharing research led practice. We believe in strong subject communities working together to reduce individual staff workload
By joining the Creative and Performance team at Hartshill School, you will not only become part of a friendly and supportive faculty, but will also join our extended subject community across the Trust. This provides unique benefits for professional development and support at subject level. PE staff across the Trust participate in, and contribute to, regular subject-specific professional development sessions. The PE curriculum was written and resourced by the entire subject community, and as a member of the wider team you will participate in ongoing curriculum development.
Our Trust commitments to every member of staff:
• Our students have clear classroom routines so no time is wasted
• Our teachers give whole class feedback, not individualised marking
• Our middle leaders focus on student learning, not data input
• Our senior leaders manage student conduct on behalf of our staff
• Our faculties plan and work together on shared approaches
• Our five year curriculum is highly ambitious and knowledge-led
• Our staff are valued as professional experts in their field
• Our Trust sets time for collaboration and learning from experts
• Our annual calendar of meetings and events are released before the start of the academic year
• Our five year, knowledge-rich curriculum features common examination boards across all schools
We love curriculum
We love young people
We work for social justice
We care for each other
Please click 'Apply Now' and once fully completed, please submit your application.
If you would like further information regarding the role please contact Sue Beech, Senior Business Manager - email@example.com.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced DBS.
The Midland Academies Trust (MAT) is an independent charitable organisation established by North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Hartshill School is a co-educational secondary academy in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, for students aged 11-16. It is a member of the Midland Academies Trust.
The secondary school is set in extensive grounds and it celebrated its 50th anniversary in...