We wish to appoint an enthusiastic and well qualified Teacher of PE who has the desire to work in a supportive and invigorating environment and who can join an already outstanding team of practitioners in a subject that is highly valued and supported. The successful candidate will be capable of inspiring students through their passion for the subject and have an excitement and drive for teaching and learning and a desire to make a difference to student achievement. As well as being an enthusiastic teacher who is passionate about the teaching of PE and Games you will also need to demonstrate a commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school. Within the PE Department, a large range of activities (clubs, trips and visits) take place and we are always willing to add new activities and opportunities. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with a specialism in Football and Cricket. The ability to offer a second teaching subject would be an advantage.Haydon is a large, friendly and creative school in North West London.
What we can offer :
- Excellent sporting facilities, including a large playing field a new £2m gymnasium with indoor rowing facility and two further indoor sports halls.
- The opportunity to teach PE at KS3, KS4 and KS5 including OCR GCSE PE and A Level.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels.
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all.
- Excellent staff wellbeing programme.
What you can offer:
- Ability to teach a range of sports across all key stages including GCSE and A Level PE
- A specialism in Football and Cricket.
- Sharing best practice and teaching methods with department
Reasons to work at Haydon school:
- Haydon has a fantastic personal development programme for teachers at all levels. All our training is tailored to individual needs and not just a ‘one size fits all’ model.
- The Haydon culture is supportive, friendly and we encourage staff at all levels to share good practice and ideas. We strongly believe that teaching is a truly great creative profession.
- Our students want to learn and be part of a community they take great pride in and take responsibility for pioneering change.
- We are a school that feels our students should be exposed to as wide a variety of cultures and experiences as possible. As a teacher, you will have the opportunity to join them in this journey.
We have a very large sixth form and encourage our staff to teach to A-level.
Please click on the ‘apply’ button below to complete the application form for this role.
To find out why we’re so proud of Haydon School, visit our website now: www.haydonschool.com or check us out on twitter @HaydonSchool
If you would like to discus the post or require further information, please contact
Melanie Richards, Head of PE, email@example.com
Interviews will take place on either Thursday 24 May or Friday 25 May 2018
Haydon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this commitment.