We want to hear from you if you are a committed, highly motivated Teacher of PE or an NQT aspiring to be such a teacher. You will join and be supported by a successful PE Department, both in terms of examination results and at competition level.
PE is a high-profile department, both within the Academy and the community. Ideally, you will be able to teach core PE, and GCSE PE and BTEC Level 3, OCR Sports Science Cambridge Nationals or equivalent courses.
It is important that the successful applicant has the flexibility to offer a second subject. In addition to PE, we can potentially offer opportunities for some teaching in DT or Science as well as other areas of the curriculum.
Candidates will need to demonstrate they:
• Are an outstanding teacher (or an NQT aspiring to be outstanding)
• Have excellent subject knowledge and the ability to consistently teach inspirational lessons
• Have good organisational and communication skills and can be innovative, creative, enthusiastic – able to deliver results
• Have the ability and willingness to make a broader contribution to the life of the Academy, including commitment to extra-curricular activities and the 6th Form Sports Academy
• Have the ability to deliver traditional sports and introduce modern alternatives
The Kings of Wessex Academy is based in the beautiful Somerset Village of Cheddar, close to Bristol.
For an informal discussion, please contact Mr C Bennett, Subject Leader of PE on 01934 742608. The Kings of Wessex Academy is committed to offering excellent opportunities for CPD.
Closing date: Tuesday 23 April 2019 8.00 am
Interview date: Tuesday 30 April 2019
To apply for this position, please complete a teaching staff application form (which is available on our website), together with a letter of application for the attention of Mr G Ball (Executive Head Teacher). Your letter should be no more than two pages of A4, detailing your experience to date and why you are the best candidate for the position. Completed applications should be returned by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure