Interview date: Wednesday 4 March 2020
Wilmslow High School
- School age range: 11-18
- Number on roll: approx. 2,000 (including 500 sixth form) (11 - 18)
Wilmslow High School is seeking to appoint an innovative and dynamic Teacher of Business Studies and Economics , with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), to join the Business Education team. At Wilmslow High School, GCSE Business is a popular option choice at Key Stage 4 with many of our students continuing their study into Key Stage 5 with A level Business, Economics and BTEC Enterprise available. With a thriving cohort in Business Studies, the successful candidate will join a faculty whose success rests on outstanding and innovative teaching. Many of our sixth formers pursue Business Studies and Economics at University and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach Business Studies at GCSE and Economics and/or Business at A-Level.
The role offers excellent opportunities for professional development and growth.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, at any point in their career, and are open to flexible working arrangements. Talented NQT candidates are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will believe that every child is most likely to achieve their full potential when challenged in a high-expectation learning environment.
The successful candidate will offer:
- A high degree of subject competency and personal organisation with a continuing personal interest in, and commitment to Business Education.
- An innovative and progressive approach to curriculum development, working practice and teaching
- The flair and ambition to motivate students of all abilities and develop the profile of Business Education within the school and wider community
- A willingness to embrace new technology and techniques for promoting Business Education, engaging students and encouraging an international perspective.
- An understanding of and willingness to take responsibility for promoting high standards of literacy, articulacy and the correct use of standard English, whatever the teacher's specialist subject
Young people only get one chance at education; therefore, at Wilmslow High School we are committed to the pursuit of excellence for every student, every day. We do this through our dedication to learning, by being guided by values and in striving to serve.
We endeavour to preserve a happy and caring environment that is rooted in our core values, and in which staff and students can flourish, whilst challenging ourselves to pursue excellence for all our students. The school is set in extensive grounds, ideally positioned between the thriving city of Manchester and the open countryside of the Peak District.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to respect this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.