Are you an innovative, dynamic and passionate Business and Economics teacher, looking for a new role within an 'outstanding' school?
· School: Glyn School, Epsom
· Start Date: January 2018
· Pay Scale: MPR or UPR
· Contract: Full Time and Permanent
· Job Expires: Tuesday, 17 October 2017
· NQTs Considered: Yes
Glyn School is ideally situated just ten minutes’ walk from both Ewell East and Ewell West stations, both of which are approximately 20 minutes from Clapham Junction and within Zone 6.
Glyn School is a values driven, learning centric and innovative school, with an Ofsted ranking of ‘Outstanding’ in 2009 and 2012. An oversubscribed 11-19 Academy, Glyn is the lead school in the successful and thriving GLF Multi Academy Trust. We are a vibrant school for boys aged 11-16 with 1253 students on roll (year 7-11), and a successful mixed Sixth form with 554 students. Glyn is a high performing school, where learning is our overriding priority. Our highly engaged and hardworking students achieve excellent examination results, as demonstrated by GCSE results of 82% attaining a grade 4 in both English and Maths. In 2014, we were designated a teaching school, one of a select number that represent the most outstanding and innovative practices nationally.
Economics and Business at Glyn School:
As part of the Social Sciences Faculty, our high-performing Economics and Business Department is an exceptional team with a strong group ethic. Many of our Sixth Form students pursue Business and Economics at University, and you will have the opportunity to teach A Level Economics.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to develop your teaching career through our extensive CPD programme, whatever your level of experience. Glyn has achieved Investors in People (Silver) status demonstrating our commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
• An opportunity to teach in a well-resourced and highly successful faculty across KS4 and Sixth Form that offers a wide variety of Level 3 (AS and A Level or BTEC equivalent) courses
• Enhanced maternity and sickness entitlement
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
• An opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools
The successful candidate will need to:
• Be an excellent and creative classroom practitioner
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Be passionate about the students’ learning and welfare
• Be keen to be part of the wider school community, participating in extra-curricular clubs.
Interview date: From Thursday October 19, 2017
We reserve the right to interview candidates ahead of the closing date. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.