St Peter's is a renowned successful school and sixth form in Guildford.
We have an exciting opportunity to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our Business and Economics department, starting in September 2019.
About St Peter’s:
- An extremely successful school and sixth form set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford.
- Standards are high and academic progress excellent, with very good facilities and resources.
- Community is a key aspect of our ethos; relationships between students and staff are excellent.
- A partner school of Teach Southeast, an initial teacher training (ITT) provider.
What we can offer you:
- A £500 starting bonus for the right candidate.
- An outstanding, high quality weekly training programme for NQT’s, to help you to become a confident, outstanding teaching professional.
- Excellent personal development at all levels with access to national professional qualifications for middle and senior management.
- Free access to Spectrum, Guildford, Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
About the Business and Economics Department:
- We are expanding and would like the right person to join our team of friendly, hardworking, positive and passionate staff. Our vision for business and economics is to engage and inspire all our students through appropriate accessible courses. These courses range from A Level Economics and Business, GCSE and Vocational BTEC options in both KS4 and 5.
- Our GCSE and A Level results in both Business and Economics are excellent with 100% of our students achieving a GCSE grade 88.5% A* - C and 39% A*-A. Our classes rank 13% higher than similar centres. A LEVEL Economics 100% A-C with 70% achieving A-B. Business 100% A- C with 50% gaining an A- B. Business Diploma 100% D*D and BTEC Tech Award 100% of students with Level 2 Pass or above.
- We offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities including Young Enterprise, Virtual Stock Market as well as educational visits to London and New York.
- The department consists of dedicated teaching and ICT suites in lower school and the sixth form block.
- An enthusiastic and dynamic teacher of Business and Economics.
- Ideally, a teacher specialising in Resistant Materials to complement the skills of the current team, however we would welcome applications with a desire to develop their subject knowledge.
- Experienced and NQT applications are welcome.
- Unsure? Why not visit the school for a tour and let us answer any questions you may have.
If you are passionate about your subject and want to really make a difference to the lives of young people then St Peter’s could be the school for you.
Our next interview date is Wednesday 15th May. Additional Interview dates will be arranged as suitable applications are received so an early application is advised. On this basis, an appointment may be made before the closing date of the advert.
If you would like to visit the school for a tour or have any other queries, please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager on 01483 534654 firstname.lastname@example.org
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.