Teacher of Business and ICT
Are you a talented and dynamic teacher looking for the next challenge? Would you like to join a school community, which values the development of its teachers and invests heavily in CPD? We are looking for a teacher to join our successful Computing and Business Faculty. We are interested in hearing from candidates with the ability to teach either Business Studies or Computing as well as some ICT, if that is appropriate for the candidate.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- a well-resourced faculty, with clear vision and leadership;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the Computing and Business Faculty and Kennet School, please view the attachments below labelled:
‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
‘A Letter from the Head of Faculty’
We would like you to be:
- able to teach your subject(s) to KS4 with KS5 experience desirable;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Wednesday, 24 April 2019 and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: Friday, 26 April 2019.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.