Our staff are our most valued asset. The Academy has access to a wealth of support provided by outstanding practitioners, giving opportunities for staff to flourish and develop.
An outstanding Teacher of Business is required for September 2018 to join a committed and hard-working department. Applications are welcome from both experienced teachers and NQTs. The department has close links to other schools in the Tudor Grange family. A wide range of teaching and learning strategies are used in the delivery of Business including a focus on developing students’ independence and spontaneity.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
· Joining a department judged as ‘good’ in the school’s recent OfSTED inspection (September 2017).
· Teaching in a forward thinking department with excellent resources and facilities for teachers who are passionate about their subject.
· Working in a department in which 69% of students achieved A*-C grades across A Level in Business and 93% in A Level Economics. At GCSE level, 71% of students achieved A*-C grades across GCSE in Business, 100% A*-C in GCSE Economics and 61% A*-C in GCSE ICT.
The Robert Smyth Academy developed from Market Harborough’s oldest school and was founded in 1607. It is now a vibrant, fast growing 11–19 Academy with nearly a thousand students, including ‘new’ Year 7 students in 2016 and well over 400 students in the sixth form. The area around Market Harborough, which is an attractive and a growing market town, is increasing in its diversity and offering significant potential for the Academy to grow.
In 2016 and 2017 the Academy’s Key Stage 4 and 5 results were very pleasing and underpin the progress that has been made. The OfSTED inspection in September 2017 deemed the Academy as ‘good’. This, with other progress being made, is the foundation of the Academy’s journey to being ‘outstanding’. The Academy also enjoys a very positive reputation in its community and particularly for its considerable extra-curricular offer in many areas, most notably in art, music and sport.
If you join us, you will benefit from:
Teaching pupils who are well motivated as the school enjoys strong parental support
- Working in a Trust with structured professional development opportunities
- A real chance to develop in a forward thinking, highly successful academy
- Developing yourself in our ‘can do’ culture and positive ‘want to’ climate
Informal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Shortlisting: Monday 21st May 2018 (Midday)
Interviews will be held on Thursday 24th May 2018
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health, criminal record and reference clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting.