Teacher of Business Studies
Required: January 2019 (or sooner)
The Grange School is seeking a teacher of exceptionally high calibre to join us as we continue an incredibly exciting journey. This position would not suit everyone and requires a dedicated and energetic individual who is passionate about improving life chances for young people. Since January 2018 the school has undergone a dramatic transformation in its leadership and practices to ensure that all students can achieve their potential. The school is currently celebrating record GCSE results that are likely to see The Grange being recognised as one of the most improved schools, not just in the area, but anywhere across the south coast.
Business Studies is one of the strongest departments in the school and the results for the past few years have consistently been in the top 10% of those nationally. The successful candidate would also be required to teach an A-level Business Studies group at Twynham School, our partner within the Twynham Learning MAT and an ‘outstanding’ school itself.
This is a rare opportunity for a suitably qualified and talented colleague.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
- Teach Business Studies within an exceptionally high performing department
- Further improve the already excellent outcomes for students in Business Studies
- Work with exceptional professionals to further develop a shared understanding of learning across the MAT
You are likely to be someone who:
- Is an inspirational classroom teacher
- Has a proven track-record of improving outcomes for students
- Has a clear understanding of effective pedagogy
- Believes that league tables are not the main focus for education
- Will embrace our highly supportive and professional culture
Twynham School can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with wonderful young people and their families
- The opportunity to work with outstanding colleagues throughout our school and our MAT
- The opportunity for high quality continued professional development and opportunities to progress
- The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning; a forward-thinking multi-academy trust
Applicants are invited to apply directly through the TES website or by visiting www.twynhamlearning.com for an application pack.
Closing Date: Monday 8th October 2018
Twynham Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.