DATES: Apply by 12 noon on Thursday 15th March 2018
TITLE: Teacher of Business Studies/Economics
SALARY: Competitive with current salary for anyone already in post;
competitive starting salary for ITT candidates looking for an NQT post
LOCATION: Nishkam High School – Birmingham
REPORTING TO: Faculty Leader Business, Art and Culture
TO COMMENCE: September 2018
CONTRACT TYPE: Full-time - Permanent
Nishkam High School, Birmingham
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a school that has emerged from its first set of GCSE results with outstanding outcomes for children:
Progress 8 = +0.98 (top 1% of all schools nationally)
Attainment 8 = 55.1 (top 7% of all schools nationally)
GCSE Business = 86% A* - C
(*Please use https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk)
The school is significantly advanced in its response to life after levels and will provide an excellent support programme for the successful applicant.
The opportunity to teach Business Studies/Economics across Key Stages 4 and 5 initially as well as broadening the provision of enterprise throughout the school. Both subject areas, following the Edexcel specifications, have seen a rise in uptake and continue to be popular pathways at Key Stage 4 and 5. An ability to teach outside your subject specialism would be a distinct advantage but not a complete necessity. Liaising with other members of the Business, Art and Culture faculty to plan lessons and schemes of learning, to assess and monitor pupil progress and also to ensure that appropriate interventions are implemented as required.
You will be joining a vibrant faculty that is characterised by passion for their subject and the support of students and each other. Leadership in this curriculum area is expected from all and each member of the faculty has already played an integral part in making the faculty successful.
Ideally, you will be:
- a graduate with QTS or on the way to achieving QTS
- an innovative and dedicated classroom practitioner with a record in raising standards and driving progress
- able to inspire pupils to go beyond their expectations with a real passion for your subject
- a creative and inventive professional, committed to being a positive role model for children
- enthusiastic about contributing to the wider life of the school
- keen to play a key role in the interventions and support given to students who require help
We will offer you
- a school rated ‘outstanding’ in all areas in both its OFSTED Section 5 inspection and its faith Section 48 inspection
- a professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff
- bright, enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn and are proud of their school community
- an inspirational work environment
- modern, well-resourced working environment with excellent ICT facilities
- a staff development programme designed to further knowledge and skills
- opportunities for involvement in the wider pastoral and extra -curricular life of the school
- pathways to advance your career
Nishkam High School opened in September 2012. The video footage on YouTube showing the ‘Building of Nishkam High School’ is an essential starting point for any interested candidate. The ‘new’ DfE built school opened in April 2014 and a visit to our truly inspirational building is highly recommended. Please contact the school on: 0121 348 7660 and we will be happy to make arrangements for you to have a look around.
OFSTED visited one day after the new school was opened. Read the details of their judgements at:
The Trust You will be working with a pioneering group, Nishkam School Trust, which is a flagship DfE Free School Trust, and the first multi-faith academy trust in the UK. At the core of Nishkam education is the triple pursuit of nurturing a strong values-led approach to life, academic excellence and creating a community that supports children throughout their lives
- You need to complete an application form, which you can download from our website www.nishkamschool.org/recruitment or contact the school office on 0121 348 7660
- Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Thursday 15th March 2018.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Monday 19th March 2018.
- Interviews will be held week ending 23rd March 2018.
This is a key role within the school but the successful candidate will also be expected to also work closely with the Trust Directors and contribute to driving the Standards agenda forward in all Nishkam schools. A flexible, innovative and energetic approach is, therefore, an essential requirement, as is a commitment to being a team player.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.