Teacher of Business Studies
MPS-UPS – suitable for NQTs
Salary range: MPS - UPS £28,660 to £47,298 per annum (inner London)
Start September 2018
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher of Business to join our large Business, Finance and Economics team. The Business Studies team are part of the Mathematics and Business Faculty and form one of the largest option choices in Year 10 and 11 as well as the largest subject area at Post 16. We offer a range of courses including GCSE Business Studies, LIBF Financial Studies and A-Level Economics. The Business Studies team deliver exceptional results at Post 16 and the majority of our students choose a Business course in Year 10 and 11. You will be joining a large team, with excellent facilities and resources, and a reputation for excellence.
Forest Hill is a popular 11-19 school which exists to serve the local community through innovative teaching and a broad and comprehensive curriculum offer including a strong focus on the Performing Arts. Our joint Sixth Form - SFH6 - consistently achieves higher than national grades and has been judged to be ‘good’ by Ofsted (Dec 2017). The leadership of the school has resulted in the school being “well-placed to move forward” (Ofsted Dec 2017) and we’re committed to improving the educational outcomes of young people. We are a community school where “pupils are cared for well” and “are helped to overcome social and personal challenges.” (Ofsted Dec 2017)
Our ideal candidate is;
• An innovative and enthusiastic Business teacher with a range of teaching experiences and qualified to teach up to Post 16
• An outstanding teacher who combines a range of innovative teaching strategies and excellent relationships with young people
• Someone who looks for ways to improve themselves and the school and is not afraid of taking responsibility beyond their own area
We will offer;
• The opportunity to work in an established and experienced Performing Arts school which challenges the stereotypes of underachieving boys
• A personalised CPD programme that offers a range of opportunities to broaden your pedagogical experience and which seeks to support you in developing yourself for future leadership roles
• Modern, state of the art facilities, including the technology and resources to support excellent teaching of all the subjects in the Faculty
Please visit our website at www.foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk to make direct on-line applications, which must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org Note - we do not accept CVs. Informal visits are welcome and should be arranged directly with the school via email@example.com Closing date for applications is 12 noon Monday 21st May with interviews scheduled for Thursday 24th May. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and that the interview process will include lesson observation.
Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce.