We would like to appoint a dynamic, well-qualified graduate to join a very successful, heavily over-subscribed school with an outstanding ethos where new staff are very well supported.
Bishop Thomas Grant has high academic standards within a disciplined and very well resourced environment.
The successful applicant should be able to teach Business Studies to GCSE, BTEC, and A level. The department has state-of-the-art facilities, boasting 9 computer rooms with excellent technical support.
The department consistently achieves outstanding results with results in August 2017:
• 50% A*-B at A-level Business Studies.
• 100& D*D* - D*D for level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Business.
• 100% D* for Level 3 BTEC National Subsidiary Diploma in Business.
• Progress 8 score of +0.48 at KS4.
WHY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION?
• The school has an outstanding ethos and environment for learning.
• The Department achieves outstanding results at Key Stages 4 and 5, significantly above national averages.
• We are committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff and place great emphasis on their wellbeing.
• Bishop Thomas Grant is a hugely oversubscribed school (in excess of 1000 Applications for 180 Year 7 places) and enjoys a considerable reputation in the local area for its academic excellence and caring ethos.
• The school has been placed in the top 100 non-selective schools nationally for both attainment and progress.
• Attainment at the school is significantly above national averages for virtually all subjects and all groups of students.
There exists the possibility of additional responsibility within the department for a suitable applicant.
Bishop Thomas Grant School operates rigorous safeguarding procedures. Applications from experienced teachers and NQTs are very welcome. Applicants do not have to be Catholic but should be committed to working within the Catholic ethos of the school. If you have any questions regarding the post, please contact Mrs S Branson at the school: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms must be returned to Mrs S Branson the School Business Manager. We currently have an open closing date for this post and will interview suitable candidates once an application has been received.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 23rd February 2018.