Teacher of Business Studies
Required For September 2018
Arthur Mellows Village College is a vibrant, oversubscribed comprehensive College, situated on the outskirts of Peterborough. Ofsted graded the College as ‘Outstanding’ for a second time in December 2014. Behaviour is excellent and students are keen to learn, with 72% of students achieving grade 4 or above in both English and Maths in 2017.
We are seeking to appoint a highly committed and enthusiastic Teacher of Business Studies who has the ability to teach at both Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5. There may be the opportunity to teach Economics. Staff are friendly and supportive and committed to ensuring all students achieve their potential.
The College is an ideal place to both start and enhance your career.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- The opportunity to join our Outstanding school of 1600 students aged 11-18, supported by a talented and hard-working staff.
- Keen, committed and well behaved students who are positive and active learners
- Excellent professional development, guidance and support – we welcome applications from NQTs and experienced classroom teachers.
- A very successful and over-subscribed school.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU:
- The ability to teach Business Studies across the age and ability range.
- A well-qualified, industrious team player who has a passion for Business Studies and the ability to bring it to life in the classroom.
- The capability to support and challenge students enabling them to achieve outstanding results.
The College welcomes visits from prospective applicants, arrangements can be made by contacting Gillian Johns on 01733 252235 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are ambitious and interested in being part of our College please complete an Application Form which is available on the College website www.arthurmellows.org and return to us with a letter of application. Full details on how to apply are available on the College website.
Closing date for applications is Noon on Monday 19 March 2018
The College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
ARTHUR MELLOWS VILLAGE COLLEGE IS PART OF THE FOUR CS MAT
11-18 Community Comprehensive College
College Roll: 1312 Sixth Form: 275
Head of College: Mr M Sandeman
Helpston Road, Glinton, Peterborough PE6 7JX
Telephone 01733 252235