TEACHER OF BUSINESS STUDIES
Salary Scale Mainscale
Contract Temporary, Part -Time
Start date: Easter 2020
Closing date for applications: Monday 24th February, 12 noon
Holy Family Catholic Multi Academy Trust would like to invite applications from excellent practitioners for the post of Teacher of Business Studies. The successful candidate will be someone who has a desire to be part of a team of highly motivated staff in future curriculum development.
St John Plessington Catholic College Voluntary Academy has been an outstanding and oversubscribed 11-18 college for more than 10 years. In 2007 and then again in 2013 was judged by OFSTED to be outstanding in every category and over this time has been awarded numerous accolades. This has included the prestigious award by The Times Educational Supplement (TES) of “Outstanding Secondary school of the year” in 2010, Investors in People Gold Award 2013, the TES award for “Numeracy and Mathematics” in 2013 and were shortlisted for the TES award for “Literacy and English” in 2013. We were shortlisted for the TES Secondary School of the Year Award in 2018.
The College become an Academy in 2012 and is part of Holy Family Catholic MAT comprising two other outstanding Teaching Primary Schools and one sponsored secondary school. In 2016, the college achieved a SSAT award for “exceptional student Key Stage 4 attainment” in recognition of being in the top 20% of schools nationally. We also achieved the SSAT award for “exceptional student key stage 4 progress” in recognition of being in the top 10% of schools nationally.
The 2019 Progress 8 Headline measure for St John Plessington is 0.42. Our boys achieve a Progress 8 score of +0.33 and our girls achieve +0.53 placing us as the top performing comprehensive school on the Wirral for both of these categories.
OFSTED Inspection – May 2013:
What OFSTED has said about us:
• The students at St John Plessington are the jewels in the crown of this outstanding College
• Behaviour and safety of pupils are outstanding
• The Leadership and Management are outstanding
• The achievement of pupils is outstanding
• The quality of teaching is outstanding
• Teachers have high expectations of their students
• The behaviour of students is exemplary. They are happy, safe and have real pride in their College
• Students value the strong relationships they have with each other and their teachers these relationships, built on a foundation of mutual respect, create an atmosphere where outstanding learning can take place
• The outstanding leadership of the Head Teacher supported by passionate and determined colleagues is central to the success of the College. They share an unwavering belief that all students can achieve their potential.
What we can offer:
• The opportunity to make a significant difference to our children’s lives in an environment that has high aspirations for all.
• The chance to help shape and develop our other school through collaborative leadership and dynamic interpersonal skills
• A working environment that is modern and professional
• Great experience for those who want to work at the very highest level in education
• A comprehensive, tailored CPD offer at every level
For further details about this exciting role and how to apply, please contact: Claire Beckwith on 0151 645 5049 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.stjohnplessington.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment