TEACHER OF BUSINESS STUDIES/ICT Required for September 2017 Salary: MPR/UPR Tuxford Academy is a highly successful Teaching School and National Support School. Our oversubscribed academy is recognised for outstanding achievement and high class teaching and learning. The last two Ofsted Inspections have rated the academy as Outstanding.
Applications are invited for a Business Studies teacher who is a team player, has high expectations and enjoys working within a creative environment. The ability to teach Business Studies is essential and ICT is desirable. The successful candidate will be welcomed into a highly supportive and collaborative team that fosters pedagogical discussion and risk taking. We offer exceptional NQT support, where applicable, and a comprehensive induction package for all teachers joining our dynamic team. Applications are welcomed from both NQTs and more experienced teachers.
Tuxford Academy prides itself on the professional development opportunities we provide for staff in developing teaching and learning and future school leaders. Our offer includes:
• Excellent CPD focused in outstanding teaching and learning
• Nationally recognised courses such as the NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH
• The Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP)
• Specialist Leader of Education (SLE) opportunities
• Staff well-being packages
• Paid Research and Development posts
• Opportunities to work within other academies within the Diverse Academies Learning Partnership (DALP)
• Shadowing experienced leaders
• Working with Lead Practitioners
• Training to use e-learning equipment including class sets of I-pads
The academy is recognised for growing its own leaders through talent management and succession planning. Our motto ‘Excellence through Teamwork’ is adopted by all stakeholders in the academy including students, parents, staff and governors. In our most recent Investor in People assessment we were viewed as ‘a model organisation with people development at its very core’.
With the growth of multi-academy trusts, Tuxford Academy is at an exciting point in its development. Successful candidates will have a wealth of opportunities to support this growth and raise standards across our Teaching School Alliance (Trent Valley Teaching School Alliance).
To apply Click here
If you wish arrange a visit to Tuxford Academy please contact Jane Bartle 01777 874206 email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 24th April 2017
Tuxford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.