Teacher of Chemistry and Physics - Maternity Cover.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive senior college, based in Hertfordshire. The school is looking to add a Teacher of Chemistry and Physics to its progressive and supportive Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Chemistry and Physics at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will support the Head of Science to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“The Science department encompasses the three separate disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics. It is housed in a block comprising nine laboratories and dedicated preparation and support facilities. Science is taught as a combined discipline in Years 7 and 8, but as separate subjects by specialist teachers from Year 9 onwards.
The college welcomes all applications and holds a sponsor licence as a UK employer of non-EEA Nationals. The successful candidate must be able to teach General Science to KS3 and Chemistry / Physics to at least GCSE. Applications from new entrants to the profession or from more experienced teachers are equally welcome."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Chemistry or Physics Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Chemistry and Physics up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1423808 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1423808 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...