We are seeking to appoint a dynamic teacher of Chemistry and Science to join our very successful Science Faculty. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to raising whole-school achievement; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed. The faculty is high achieving and offers separate sciences in Key Stage 4 in addition to Trilogy Science. We also have good numbers of students and high attainment in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at A Level.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
- A very positive climate for learning.
- A first rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative. • Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to inclusive practice.
- The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- All applicants will be registered with the Independent Safeguarding Authority.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form.
- Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer.
- We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher’s PA, on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01785 223490.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 22nd June 2018 at 1.30 pm. We will be shortlisting on Monday 25th June and all successful candidates will have been contacted by 3.00pm on that day. If you have heard nothing from us by this date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion and accept our thanks for your interest in this post.
Interviews will take place week commencing 25th June; will include a tour around the school, meetings with the Science Faculty, delivery of a lesson and interviews for the short-listed candidates. Further details of the lesson will be sent out to the successful candidates.