Malvern College Chengdu is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of Chemistry. The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values.
• Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated Chemistry and General Science curriculum for students
• Teach Chemistry and General Science to students in Years 7 to 13 at Malvern College Chengdu Senior School
• Teach Chemistry to IGCSE and A-Level
• Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
• Contribute to raising standards of student attainment
• Share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
• Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs in order to inspire, motivate and challenge students
• Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives for students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions, monitoring learners’ progress and levels of attainment
• Support the Head of Science to develop and refine the Science/Chemistry curriculum to ensure that it complements the school’s strategic objectives, is relevant to the needs of students and examining and awarding bodies
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related field of study, together with qualified teacher status or an equivalent level of teaching qualification
• Organized and committed to the role
• A commitment to contribute to the wider aspects of school life
• Experience of working in a teaching position in this subject area for at least two years
• An effective team member
• Clear and confident communication skills, able to liaise at all levels and with all members of the school community
• The ability to adjust to a new cultural environment and show sensitivity to cultural differences
• The ability to work with international staff and be passionate and ambitious about the success of Malvern College Chengdu
• Be resilient, able to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
• The ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of people including students, parents, and colleagues
All applications should be submitted online via the TES online application. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Chengdu is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.