We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of Chemistry, who has the knowledge and love of their subject to inspire some of the country’s very brightest students. The Tiffin Girls’ School is a leading girls’ state school, where a ‘Love of Learning’ is evident in every student interaction.
This post offers an excellent opportunity to teach highly motivated students in a school where Chemistry is a hugely popular choice at A level, around 180 students study the subject in Years 12 and 13, and A level results are amongst the highest nationally. Students enjoy undertaking the challenge of competitions, such as Salters and the Chemistry Olympiad, and many go on to use their Chemistry at top universities.
This position would suit a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden his/her experience in a high-achieving context.
Candidates suitable for the role will:
- be able to teach Chemistry across all Key Stages and General Science in Years 7 and 8
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- have the ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful Chemistry department with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra-curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
- a two week October half term
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
Please note, this post is either full or part-time (minimum 0.8 FTE).
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further information about our school, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office.
Closing date: 9am on Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Interview date: As soon as possible after the closing date
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.