The Directors of The Gardener Schools Group have established Kew House School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum, the shape of the school day and term and recognition of creativity and talent.
- A good degree in an appropriate subject and a recognised teaching qualification
- Experience of teaching all science disciplines across Key Stage 3 and the capability to deliver a range of disciplines at GCSE level with a focus on Chemistry
- The ability to deliver Chemistry at GCSE and A Level
- Experience in the development of outstanding resources, lesson sequences and schemes of work for new courses as the science curriculum continues to evolve in light of new specifications
- Commitment to, and experience of, using a range of teaching styles and methods including ICT. Classrooms are equipped with IWB / digital projectors
- Willingness to offer extra support through subject clinics and revision classes
- Willingness to participate in the wider co-curricular life of the school showing commitment to the ethos of the school and flexibility in achieving its aims.
You will be a well-qualified, experienced and enthusiastic graduate teacher. They will have the opportunity to assist in further developing and building the department in this new school. This is a full time or part time post available from September 2017 onwards or January 2018 to cover maternity and long term illness. The post will conclude in July 2018.
The school operates its own pay scales consistent with national teacher pay scales and will offer salary commensurate with experience and the nature of this role. The school offers the national teacher pension scheme.
Science has a role of great importance within the curriculum. The science department is exceptionally well equipped with six dedicated laboratories and a prep room. All labs are well provided with resources to ensure the delivery of a dynamic and exhilarating curriculum for our students, where practical investigation is promoted in order to engage and inspire our students as young scientists.
The school is committed to staff development and this position will provide a good springboard for further promotion within the school and beyond. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
The school operates its own pay scales consistent with national teacher pay scales and will offer salary commensurate with experience and the nature of the role.
To apply, please submit a completed application form together with supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be able to comment on your teaching skills, and one from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Mr Mark Hudson, Headmaster, Kew House School, 6 Capital Interchange Way, London, TW8 0EX.
Suitable applicants will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview by arrangement.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.