An inspirational school”
The Good Schools Guide 2019
Teacher of Chemistry
Salary dependent on experience
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an inspirational teacher to join a thriving and successful A-level Chemistry department. LAE is an ambitious, academically selective sixth form in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2018 LAE secured outstanding A level results. 90% of A level grades were A*, A or B and 60% of all grades were A* or A. 200 students progressed to Russell Group universities, including fifteen to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. This year 26 students hold offers to study at either Oxford or Cambridge. Our ALPS 1 value added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress and we are the only provider in Newham with an average grade of an A.
The school is heavily oversubscribed with more than 3000 applications for 250 places each year and was graded ‘outstanding’ in every category by Ofsted in November 2017. The Sunday Time ranked us third in their list of state sixth form colleges in 2018/19 and named us State Sixth Form of the Year in 2015/16.
We seek a teacher of chemistry who is committed to high academic standards and able to communicate to young people an enthusiasm for the subject. Excellent subject knowledge is essential for this post although a teacher qualification is not necessarily required. Chemistry is the second most popular subject at LAE and outcomes for students are some of the best in the country.
LAE can offer you:
• the opportunity to teach your subject to the highest standard to many of the most able and inquisitive young people in east London;
• a regular high-quality continuous professional development and support;
• a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
• collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
• an excellent NQT support programme, where all new teachers are “guided skilfully to develop their practice as part of cohesive and collegiate team” (Appropriate Body quality assurance report, 2015).
How to apply?
Please submit a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 together with the LAE application form by 9am on Monday 25 February 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAE reserves the right to interview and appoint as applications are received. The full job description and our application form are available to view and download from our website.
For more information, please contact James Kane, Assistant Head on 020 3301 1480 or email email@example.com
The London Academy of Excellence is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to this post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.