Scott Medical and Healthcare College – Plymouth
Part of the Inspiring Schools Partnership Multi Academy Trust
Teacher of Chemistry
Required from September 2020
We are looking for a talented Chemistry teacher to join our ambitious, forward thinking, new 13 – 19 school specialising in medicine and healthcare. You will need to have the knowledge, skills and mindset to be an exceptional teacher, and the ability to teach chemistry at both GCSE and A level.
If you are forward thinking, base your pedagogical approaches in research and have a passion for contributing to the life chances of young people, we would warmly welcome an application from you.
- Teach our science curriculum across the ability range at KS4.
- Teach chemistry to higher GCSE level and A Level.
- Contribute to enrichment activities within the sciences, medicine and healthcare and wider college.
- Be a tutor for one of our small tutor groups
We can offer you
- A small school with small classes and an enthusiastic community of KS4 and KS5 students, focused on their learning in order to become healthcare workers of the future
- A specialist school in which every child uses their own Google chromebook
- A new purpose built specialist school (Opened Sept 2018)
- A new professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff
- A commitment reducing teacher workload
- An evidence based approach to teaching
Applications from NQTs and experienced staff will be equally valued
Inspiring Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All members of staff must undertake the required employment checks which include the uptake of references both professional and personal and an enhanced (DBS) disclosure.
For an application form and further details please visit our website https://scottcollege.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications: 12.00, noon, 11th May 2020
Selected candidates for interview will be notified 12th May 2020
Online interviews planned for 15th May 2020
Scott College - Medical and Healthcare College
- Mainstream school with state - studio school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 13 - 18 years