Scott Medical and Healthcare College, Plymouth
Teacher of Chemistry
Required from September 2017
With most of our teaching staff now recruited for our September 2017 opening we are now looking for a chemistry specialist to teach our future medical and healthcare professionals.
We are seeking to appoint a Chemistry teacher for our new studio school, opening in Plymouth. You will need to have the knowledge, skills and creativity to be an outstanding teacher, and the ability to teach Chemistry at both GCSE and A level.
Our new school will teach future doctors, nurses, healthcare and social care professionals. We need to equip these young people to get the best possible GCSE and A level grades to take up university and employment opportunities in the future.
From year 9 to year 13 in addition to our bespoke curriculum, our students will have work placements in professional health care environments and develop a range of employability skills through the CREATE framework.
If you have a focus on raising student attainment and a passion for Chemistry; and are looking to work in an environment that values the learning of students we would welcome an application from you.
- Working within Science to contribute to raising student achievement and the continued development of the department.
- Teach the Chemistry curriculum across the ability range to years 9 -13
- Teach your Chemistry specialism to higher GCSE level and A Level
- Contribute to enrichment activities within the Sciences, medicine and health
We can offer you
- A new purpose built specialist school (new building opening early 2018)
- A new professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff
- Enthusiastic community of KS4 and KS5 students who are focused on their learning in order to become healthcare workers of the future
- An outstanding continuing professional development programme
- Package of staff benefits
Applications from NQTs and experienced staff will be equally valued.
For an application form and further details please visit our website www.scottcollege.co.uk or www.sdcc.net
Scott College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Completed application forms should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 12.00 24th April 2017
Scott College is part of the Inspiring Schools Partnership Multi Academy Trust.