Teacher of Chemistry | Full time maternity cover | Temporary for two terms
We wish to appoint well-qualified talented teacher of Chemistry. Ashlawn Science department is a large, thriving department, and we are striving to constantly improve results. Chemistry is taught as a separate subject in KS4 and A level and we have a large uptake in Year 12 & Year 13.
Ashlawn students are enthusiastic, talented and keen to succeed and we are looking for a colleague who can enable this: to inspire young people with a passion for learning, to equip them with skills and knowledge and to transform their lives.
Ashlawn School is a popular and oversubscribed 11-18 co-educational, comprehensive, bi-lateral school with 1875 students on roll, 426 of whom are in the Sixth Form. Following our Ofsted inspection in 2013, we were graded an “Outstanding” School in all areas. We are known for our enthusiastic and dedicated staff and students and are looking to attract likeminded individuals who have a genuine passion for educating children, and are keen to inspire our students along with equipping them with the skills and knowledge to transform their lives.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion and dedication for teaching and learning
• A willingness to teach across the age and ability range including A-level
• A desire to constantly improve and develop your own teaching practice
• Have an understanding and appreciation of the needs of individual students
We can offer you;
• Focused career development, including peer support and mentoring
• A wide range of teaching experiences from KS3 to KS5 for suitable candidates
• Strong and supportive departments and a real focus on staff development and well-being
• Well behaved and motivated students who want to succeed
We are keen to welcome colleagues who share our passion for engaging students in learning and inspiring them to achieve.
• Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
• Do you have what it takes to work with a determined leadership team and staff, which promote excellence, and consistently challenge you to improve?
If so, then we welcome you to join our team at Ashlawn School. We would also welcome any visits to our school so that you can see for yourself the excellent opportunity available.
For further information, the application form and job description, please contact Mike Sherwin on the below details
T: 0116 253 2389 / 07525 889925
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 24th September 2018
Interviews to be held soon thereafter
Ashlawn School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service.