The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, authorised to offer the IB Middle Years Programme (IGCSE equivalent) and IB Diploma Programme (A Level equivalent). We have an excellent location with good transport links five minutes from High Wycombe station.
We are focused on facilitating a meaningful education which is based on high achievement and inquiry based learning. The school consists of small classes, (maximum 14 students at KS4 and 4 at KS5); our IB programmes provide each student with opportunities to explore, inquire and develop confidence, as well as equipping them with the skills, knowledge, and understanding necessary for the 21st century.
We are urgently seeking a Chemistry/Science Teacher; part or full time 0.4-1.0 depending on qualifications, experience and subjects offered. (NB: Ability to teach another science to KS5 would be highly desirable).
• To be a qualified Chemistry/Science Teacher, with an appropriate teaching qualification and a passion for your subject.
• You will ideally have experience (or be capable of) teaching to up to A Level and/or IBDP in your subject.
• To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
• To use positive classroom management of behaviour to allow pupils to feel safe and secure and promote their self-esteem.
• To be a role-model to pupils through your personal presentation and professional conduct.
• NB: Experience of teaching the IB MYP or DP would be desirable, although it is not essential as IB training will be offered by the school.
• A willingness to play a full role in the extra-curricular life of the school.
How to apply
We welcome any applicant who has a passion for education, who is ready to give each learner individual attention, participate in the life of the whole school. If this is you, please email your Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter to email@example.com and/or complete the online application form in TES.
For further information about The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School, please see our website: www.thechalfontsgrammar.co.uk.
Early application is strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline should the right applicant be found. There is potential for the role to expand by mutual agreement in the next academic year.
Start Date: September 2021 with the possibility of Oct '21 or Jan '22 for the right candidate.
The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect staff to share this commitment.
The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, authorised to offer the IB Middle Years Programme (IGCSE equivalent) and IB Diploma Programme (A Level equivalent).
We are focused on facilitating a meaning...