TEACHER OF CLASSICS
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic school where all can thrive and staff are highly valued
We are seeking a Classics teacher to join the Department in September 2018. We hope to stimulate in all our students a life-long interest in the subject and appreciation of the ancient past and the world in which we live, as well as to produce excellent GCSE and A level results.
The successful applicants will be required to teach Latin and Greek throughout the School to GCSE and Advanced Level. If you are also able to offer a further subject, please state this in your application form.
The Department currently has record numbers of students studying both Greek and Latin at Key Stages 4 and 5. We also have a wide and varied programme of extra-curricular activities, including several annual trips to classical sites. The successful applicants will be able to contribute to the ethos of the School and this vibrant and thriving Department.
Here are some of the key reasons Tiffin is a great School in which to work:
• a vibrant and friendly staff, with a diverse mix of teachers and associate staff
“an amazing school environment. Supportive and friendly staff. Incredible extra-curricular opportunities. An environment where learning for its own sake (rather than just for passing exams) is encouraged and fostered.” (current teacher)
• very bright and able students who are motivated and eager to learn, in an environment of excellent behaviour
“as our son departs the school he certainly has an exceptional set of qualifications in his pocket, but he carries with him so much more from his time as a Tiffinian: a thirst for learning and an enquiring mind; a keen sense of self-identify; strong peer friendships as well as a bucket-full of happy memories from his schooldays.” (ex-parent)
• an opportunity to teach your subject to a high level
“as I depart for University I would be very grateful if you could pass on my thanks to all the teachers who have helped and supported me over the last seven years and allowed me to make the most of all the fantastic opportunities I have been given.” (ex-student)
• a commitment to professional development, eg, part-time study for Education Masters of Research (MResEd) at Kingston University
• a location close to Kingston town centre, and excellent public transport links to Central London, Tiffin is minutes away from the train and bus stations. We are close to Richmond and Bushy Parks, and the Surrey countryside. Our sports ground is beautifully situated with the River Thames and Hampton Court Palace very close by
• benefits include: season ticket loan/Cycle to Work scheme/salary advance scheme for a rental deposit /free on-site parking / enhanced maternity benefits
“Tiffin is an outstanding school” – Ofsted 2007 and 2011
We have also recently been reviewed by The Good Schools Guide. Please see our website to read the review.
Please click on the link below to apply.
Closing date: Noon on Thursday, 19 April 2018