Teacher of Computer Science & Computing
Required from September 2018
As Stoke-on-Trent’s most rapidly improving school, we are seeking to appoint an exceptional teacher of Computer Science and Computing, who is committed to raising standards through innovative and creative practice.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• Be an inspirational teacher who is willing to participate in the implementation of effective strategies to engage and motivate learners
• Have a proven track record of teaching
• Be committed to raising standards across key stages 3 and 4
• Have the drive and determination to move us closer to our ultimate goal of becoming an ‘outstanding’ school.
Applications are encouraged from ambitious teachers who share our vision. We actively recruit only the highest calibre staff and are committed to developing our staff and as a result, a large proportion of Thistley Hough staff have achieved promotion to middle and senior leadership positions.
Letters of application should be written to the Person Specification and should outline the skills and experiences that you could bring to make a difference at our academy. They should be no more than 2 sides of A4 paper and written in Arial font size 12. A standard Application Form must also be completed which can accessed on the school website: www.thistleyhough.org.uk and returned via email to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 19th January 2018
Thistley Hough Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.