From September 2021
Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. We are a successful, harmonious community committed to a vibrant and engaging holistic education for our students. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke enquiry-based curriculum. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC.
With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
BSB enjoys world class facilities set within an inspiring green campus.
We are seeking to employ a suitably qualified and exceptional classroom practitioner who has experience of teaching Computer Science to Secondary students and who can bring a real passion, enthusiasm and experience to the Faculty and to the school as a whole.
The department is looking for a well-qualified Computer Science graduate with the potential to teach across the age groups. The successful candidate will have previous experience teaching across the Secondary School age range (11-18), ideally having previously taught A-Level Computer Science. We expect applicants to have a suitable degree and teaching qualification. Early Career teachers are welcome to apply as are teachers with more years of experience.
The successful applicant will:
- set the highest standards in terms of learning and teaching, getting the very best from students from all backgrounds and of all abilities
- work closely with department colleagues in creating a sense of cohesion and collaborative spirit within the department and co-operate with colleagues in other departments and the Primary school
- be attuned to current developments in teaching
- be appreciative of students’ differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- be actively involved in professional learning within the department, and across departments where opportunities arise, including after-school meetings, relevant courses and professional learning days
- demonstrate the highest standards in terms of learning and teaching, be able utilise Assessment for Learning and e-learning approaches
- be willing and able to contribute wholeheartedly to the social and personal development of students and to the extra-curricular life of the school; and
- be willing to take an active part in school trips, both residential and day visits
- Commitment to the BSB Guiding Statements
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
In return, we offer:
- A full-time, 1-year contract with full obligation to attend all staff meetings and Professional Learning sessions
- An interesting position in a thriving faculty in an international environment
- Excellent professional learning opportunities
- An attractive salary – (BSB Learning & Teaching staff – Band 4 representing a minimum of € 50.074 and a maximum of € 90.885 gross per year, depending on the years of relevant experience) and extra-legal benefits including an hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers and free use of the BSB sport facilities and gym.
The deadline for applications is Thursday, 24 June 2021 at 16.00 (CET). Please note that only applications sent in via the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
Please note that we may appoint ahead of the closing date so early applications are encouraged. If you would like to ask any questions about the post you are welcome to do so through the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held at the school or via Skype towards the end of June and this process will include opportunities to meet potential colleagues and students.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by the end of June, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)
BSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our community.
The British School of Brussels
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 1 - 18 years
Officially opened in 1970 by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, our school offers a modern, progressive education that inspires students, encourages achievement and emphasises personal growth and development.
We prepare our students for the ch...