With the ability to deliver outstanding lessons in Computer Science through innovative and diverse teaching methods, we would like to hear from enthusiastic teaching professionals who are passionate about their subject and enjoy supporting and challenging students to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Delivering a high quality education programme in a well-resourced department, you will inspire students to think creatively in computational terms and enable them with the necessary knowledge and skills to change the world through technology. Collaborative planning, regular team meetings and best practice being shared makes this a great department to work in!
Courses in the Computing Department remain consistently popular areas of study and as well as offering A Level courses, the department also offers highly successful vocational pathways in both a Single Vocational Advanced Level and a Triple Vocational Advanced Level.
With a collective focus on ensuring that every student achieves their personal best, the College aims to create a culture and ethos which promotes initiative, curiosity, confidence and independence in all our learners and we are seeking to appoint staff who will actively support this.
If this is the sort of environment you thrive in and you have the skills and motivation to guide and support students to both fulfil and possibly exceed their personal goals, then we would like to hear from you for the post of Teacher of A Level Computer Science who would also contribute to the teaching of ICT.
From August 2019 we are looking for someone:
• With vision, energy and exciting ideas to build on current good practice and results
• That has the ability to engage students and inspire an enthusiasm for Computer Science through excellent subject knowledge
• Who is a strong classroom practitioner able to inspire high performing students as well as nurture those less confident in their ability
• Who has the understanding and experience of implementing successful intervention programmes
• With the desire to share good practice and make a real contribution to the development of the department and the progress of our students
We can offer you:
• A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
• Salary ranging from £23,396 - £38,748 (SFCA Teaching Pay Scale)
• Structured CPD with opportunities for regular inset workshops and cross college sharing of resources and techniques
• Optional well-being days and activities
• NQT first year guidance with timetable remission and senior management led support
This post represents an excellent opportunity for either, an NQT looking for the first step in their career teaching in a high performing Sixth Form College, or an experienced and inspirational classroom practitioner aiming to develop their expertise.
The College has an established programme of professional development support which is led by senior managers and actively encourages individuals with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in their chosen profession.
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Personnel Department, Bolton Sixth Form College, Deane Road, Bolton BL3 5BU.
The closing date for applications: Sunday 24th March 2019 @ midnight
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 2nd April 2019
All appointments at the College are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.