KAA is a growing 11-18 academy situated in the heart of North Kensington. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 and our facilities are second to none. We currently have 660 students in Years 7, 8, 9 and 12 with us, and are growing every year. Our Sixth Form opened this year and has made a very successful start.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, for HMCI, who wrote “the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students.” We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
We are currently looking for a talented and committed Head of Computer Science to lead our growing Computer Science department.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience as a teacher of their subject in a secondary school for (at least) 2 to 3 years.
- Appropriate leadership and management experience.
- The ability to deliver consistently outstanding lessons in this subject to students of all ages and abilities.
- Experience of creating high quality lesson plans and schemes of work, and sharing these with a team of teachers.
- The ability to communicate well, to work as a member of a team, and to have effective working relationships with students, staff and parents.
- The ability to contribute to the wider work of the school, including our work as form tutors and reading teachers.
- Commitment to the personal professional development of themselves and of others.
- Experience of conducting lesson observations as a tool for improvement.
Deadline: Apply by Monday, 12th December at 9am. Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Early applications are encouraged.
Further info: www.kaa.org.uk/recruitment or Email email@example.com,uk