Additional recruitment and retention allowance may be available for an exceptional candidate
Plus access to an individually tailored CPD package.
Abbey Grange is a thriving, highly successful and over-subscribed 11-18 Church of England convertor Academy which serves communities right across the city of Leeds. Our students come from all over the city to receive an education in which we all work together to challenge them academically, support them pastorally and help them develop socially and spiritually. Abbey Grange is part of the Abbey Multi Academy Trust.
Our goal is to become an outstanding Academy that delivers on our mission - In Partnership to 'Educate, Nurture and Empower' and we are well on our way to achieving this. Ofsted graded us a 'good' school in February 2017 and we celebrated our GCSE results in 2017 with 79.5% of our students achieving 9-4 in English and Maths (old A*-C).
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, energetic and forward-thinking Teacher of Computer Science to join our busy and vibrant department. Applicants must be able to inspire our students, be an excellent role model, teach across the ability range and contribute to a team focused on developing exciting and engaging learning experiences for students across the 11-19 age range. Applicants must be willing to contribute to the wider life of the Academy.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and passionate teacher to join a successful and CPD focused department where new initiatives are welcomed and encouraged.
As a Teacher we will nurture, challenge and support you throughout your career here at Abbey Grange.
You will be:
- A routinely good/outstanding teacher with the ability to teach all aspects of Computing (Computer Science and Information Technology) at KS3/KS4 and KS5.
- A colleague looking to either start or further your career within a supportive team.
- Able to encourage and enthuse students to achieve their full potential.
- Inspirational to colleagues and students - sharing best practice.
We can offer:
- An Academy and Computing Department that will allow you to be inspirational, creative and play an active part on our journey to becoming ‘outstanding’.
- Tailored CPD with a commitment to support your career ambitions, free car parking and personal iPad.
- A Department which welcomes new ideas with energy and enthusiasm.
This is a genuinely exciting time to join our Academy. If you are looking to join an Academy with happy, positive and polite students and staff then we want to hear from you.
To apply please download recruitment pack and email completed application form to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 8.00am Friday 13 October, with interviews scheduled to take place Wednesday 18 October.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Anne-Marie Roper at Abbey Grange of E Academy on 0113 2757877.
Abbey Grange C of E Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced disclosure from the DBS will be required for this post.
We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.
ABBEY GRANGE C of E ACADEMY
Butcher Hill, Leeds, LS16 5EA|Executive Principal: Carol Kitson, Principal: Jon Norden