K D Grammar School is an Independent 11-16 school for boys, founded in 1999 and situated in South Manchester. Housed within the Grade II listed Hartley Hall, the school boasts of culture, history and excellence. KD is a small school of 150 boys, with average class sizes of 15 students, thereby providing excellent opportunities of each student to reach his full potential.
KD is a faith school with a caring inclusive ethos based on Islamic values open to students of all backgrounds. The school’s results are exceptionally with a number of subjects attaining over 90% A* - C. In 2017 the school attained 94% A* - C in English and 82% in Mathematics. In the GCSE Performance tables, the school is the highest performing boys’ school in Manchester.
The successful candidate will:
• Have an appropriate teaching qualification and be qualified to degree level
• Be a Computer Science Specialist
• Be able to teach key stage 3 and 4, up to GCSE level • Be passionate about Computer Science and committed to delivering lessons that will engage and motivate our learners to succeed
• Have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills •
Differentiate teaching to suit learners of different abilities
• Be forward-thinking, inspirational and receptive to change
• Be proactive and able to work independently
Applications from both NQTs and experienced teachers are welcome.
Please note that due to the size of the school, there is only one teacher of Computer Science who is responsible for the day to day management of the subject, but the school has a strong system of support in place to assist and advise staff.
KD is a member of the Independent Schools Association.
For further details, an application form and job description, please visit the vacancies section on our website: www.kdgrammar.co.uk
Please email completed applications and/or enquires,
The School Bursar
KD Grammar School for Boys
Hartley Hall, Alexandra Road South,
Tel: 0161 860 7676
K D Grammar School is committed to safeguarding pupils.
There will be an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.