- “Coombe Girls’ School is an outstanding school’, Ofsted May 2013
- Coombe Girls’ School holds the significant accolade of being one in only 35 schools in the UK to have been awarded an Outstanding Ofsted rating four times in succession
- Total number on roll : 1,338 including a mixed Sixth Form, currently 296
- A High Performing School, with Leading Edge and Modern Languages Specialisms
- Examination results reflect the quality of teaching and learning; 91% of pupils achieved 5 or more A*- C GCSE passes last year, 84% of pupils achieved 5 or more including English and Maths with 12% achieving a numerical Grade 9 in Maths.
- Latest raiseonline report shows that pupils make progress in the top 7% of pupils nationally.
- Federated with Coombe Boys’ School since January 2006. Converted to academy status in 2012 and is part of The Coombe Secondary Schools Academy Trust
We are seeking to appoint, from September 2018, an enthusiastic and highly motivated Teacher of Computer Science. The ideal candidate will be joining a forward thinking and high achieving Computing Team. We currently deliver a range of courses including Computer Science and ECDL at KS4 and Computer Science at KS5. A second subject would be an advantage. The post is suitable for a NQT.
We will offer you:
- an exciting opportunity in an outstanding school
- A guaranteed CPD plan which is tailored to individual requirements including financial support for ‘M’ Level study
- Our ongoing professional training and development includes National Professional Qualifications in Leadership
- An enthusiastic Staff Association offering opportunities for staff sport and socialising
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a highly competent teacher
- Be able to inspire and motivate students
- Have a passion for their subject, which is evident in their day-to-day teaching
- Have the commitment to be part of an innovative and forward thinking school
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school
For further information about the school, please visit our website www.coombegirlsschool.org
Closing date: 21st May 2018 @ 9.00am
We reserve the right to close early should the right candidate be found
Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
‘This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment’