We are St Catherine's College preparing students to stand shoulder to shoulder with their peers locally, nationally and globally.
We are proud of our college, our talented and highly motivated staff and students. Our staff team work tirelessly to ensure that teaching is the best it can be and everyone has a role to play in this. We support each other and there is an open, friendly and collegiate atmosphere where new members of the team are welcomed and supported.
We are looking to recruit a successful classroom practitioner who will be responsible for delivering Computer Science to the next generation of programmers, network engineers and students with an absolute passion for computers.
You should be an inspirational, dynamic and enthusiastic qualified teacher with strong subject knowledge and the ability to demonstrate skills such as coding, digital creation and working with emerging technologies.
We teach OCR Computer Science at St Catherine's College at KS4. In addition to this we currently have a cohort of Year 11's taking the Cambridge National Qualification, this will change to BTec with effect from September 2020. Computer Science teaching takes place across four purpose built Computer Science classrooms, recognising the mix of theory and practical that a Science subject covers. The teaching programming language currently being studied is Python and familiarity with that would be beneficial.
The post can be either a Teacher of Computer Science post without additional responsibility or a Subject Leader post with a teaching and learning responsibility allowance 2b (£4,653.00).
We know it's a competitive market and are proud of what we can offer:
* Excellent career development opportunities
* A TLR 2b
* A friendly, supportive and caring staff team
* CPD, starts immediately upon employment
* A geographical location, being situated near Sovereign Harbour, Eastbourne's award winning Marina. It is part of several miles of beautiful coastline, including the South Downs National Park, the white cliffs of Beachy Head and 1066 country.
* Teachers' Pension Scheme
* Free Flu Vaccine
* A fabulous staff room with complimentary tea and coffee
* A cafe that serves at breakfast, break and lunch using freshly sourced ingredients
* Banked cover system promoting work/life balance
* Highly visible supportive senior leaders
* Same day centralised detentions
* Great students - you can make a massive difference to them
Completed application forms and letters of application should be sent directly to the college addressed to Mrs S Windsor, Head of Personnel, SWindsor@stcatherines.college and arrive by no later than noon on Monday 25 November 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance.