Carshalton High School for Girls
Teacher of Computer Science
Pay: Main Pay Scale (Outer London)
Required from: January 2020
Carshalton High School for Girls is a high achieving school judged by Ofsted in November 2017 as Good in all categories and Good overall.
Are you an excellent teacher of Computer Science looking for a teaching opportunity in a popular school with excellent facilities?
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic practitioner to join our vibrant Computer Science department. This is an ideal first opportunity, or a chance for an experienced practitioner to take on a new and exciting challenge. The post holder will need to be able to teach Computer Science at all Key Stages.
Computer Science is a popular subject at GCSE; on average 2 groups run each year. It is also becoming increasingly popular at A Level.
The successful candidate will:
• Join a forward-looking, high achieving school.
• Contribute to the wider improvement of the school.
• Be driven and passionate about securing positive outcomes for students.
• Be joining a highly supportive school, where staff work together as a strong team.
What we can offer you:
• A welcoming, friendly and supportive environment.
• A culture of distributed leadership.
• Opportunities and encouragement to develop both personally and professionally.
• A school that has wellbeing as a high priority.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form, and send it to the Headteacher’s PA Mrs Sam Willard.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Closing Date for Applications: 12 Noon Tuesday 15th October 2019
Interviews: Thursday 17th October 2019
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we apologise for being unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with our recruitment policy and for the protection of our students, the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people and aim to employ a culturally diverse workforce which reflects the nature of our Trust community.