Teacher of Computer Studies
Closing date: Monday 20th March 2017
Shortlisting: Friday 24th March
Interviews: W/c 17th April
Job start: September 2017
Salary: Negotiable M scale point dependant on experience
Location: Southwark, London
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
University Academy of Engineering South Bank is looking to appoint an ambitious and driven Teacher of Computer Studies to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity allowing you to be at the heart of shaping the future success of the Academy.
University Academy of Engineering South Bank is a rapidly growing, mixed 11 - 16 academy located in the London Borough of Southwark within walking distance of London South Bank University and in the heart of London. The Academy opened in September 2014 and is the first academy in Southwark to be sponsored by a University; the Academy has the STEM subjects Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths and creativity as the focus of the curriculum.
We are looking to appoint someone who:
· Expert classroom Management
· Is a hardworking, organised and diligent individual who can create and follow effective processes and procedures
· Will be a dynamic and ambitious person with a desire to be part of our new way of educating young people and will lead by example
· Has a positive attitude, who will work collaboratively with all stakeholders across the Academy
· Is committed to excellence and a desire to improve and develop their skills
· A strong professional development programme.
· Opportunities to create your own future within a dynamic and evolving new academy.
· A staff team who are very supportive towards one another with great camaraderie existing throughout the Academy.
· The chance to be part of a unique education model recognised and of great interest to DfE.
How to Apply:
Visit our website http://www.uaesouthbank.org.uk/recruitment.html for a recruitment and application pack or contact us on E: HR@uaesouthbank.org.uk T: 0207 277 3000.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and pre-employment checks. Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 4 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.