Wheatley Park School
Everyone Learning - Everyone Caring
11-18 Academy and member of the River Learning Trust
1080 on roll 158 Sixth Form
Teacher of Computing and ICT
From September 2019
0.5FTE to 1.0FTE
An exciting opportunity has arisen to teach computing and ICT at Wheatley Park when its popularity is soaring. Computing is a strength in our school and we are seeking a colleague who is passionate about their subject and committed to developing their practice as we continue to find opportunities to further improve the outcomes and experience for our students. Our work with technology across the curriculum, where every student and member of staff has their own personal Chromebook, is important to us; we are proud to be a Google Reference School.
All students study ICT at KS3 in discrete lessons and a growing number are opting to take ICT or Computing into KS4 and beyond. We currently offer AQA Computer Science and Cambridge Nationals in IT at KS4 and AQA Computer Science at KS5. Outside of the classroom, we are engaged with local businesses to offer opportunities to students, and have an enthusiastic group of programmers in Computing Club.
We offer you:
● The support of a hardworking, motivated and innovative subject leader within the department and beyond, in our school where we are committed to caring for every individual.
● Your own, well resourced teaching room and department base.
● Opportunities to teach at all key stages, covering both ICT and Computing.
Situated just east of Oxford on a unique parkland site, Wheatley Park School is a successful 11- 18 academy with a vibrant comprehensive intake. Our vision is to be a sustainably outstanding school in accordance with our values of Everyone Learning and Everyone Caring.
Our school is part of the River Learning Trust; our collective vision is to be a Trust where pupils and staff thrive in schools which demonstrate:
● all-round education, academic success, lifelong learning and strength of character
● sustainable continuous improvement; no school standing still
● all schools being good and outstanding, or improving rapidly
● collaboration that is raising standards, and reducing workload
● where pupils, staff, parents and communities value all we do to support the best possible outcomes and experiences for our children and young people
If you would like to know more, or arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Pat Mason (HR Manager) on 01865 877634 or by email to email@example.com. Full details can be found on our website here Applications for this post can only be accepted via the TES website here. To find out more about the River Learning Trust, please visit www.riverlearningtrust.org.
Wheatley Park School and the River Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and preventing extremism. All staff are expected to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The River Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our schools’ community.
Closing date: 9am Monday 20 May 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed after shortlisting
Wheatley Park School, Holton, Oxford, OX33 1QH
Tel: 01865 872441 Fax: 01865 877666