We are seeking to appoint a dynamic Computing and IT Teacher who is ambitious and has a real passion for their subject. We are able to offer quality CPD provided by our Computing and IT Department and NELTA training.
The ideal candidate should have strong IT skills that includes:
- the ability to confidently use IT resources within the context of a Computing/IT curriculum;
- the ability and understanding to structure, write and troubleshoot computer program code;
- an understanding of the computer science curriculum and expressing this to others.
Experienced and newly qualified computing and IT teachers are welcome to apply.
About Beal High School
Beal High School is at the heart of the Beacon Multi Academy Trust. We are committed to working in partnership with The Forest Academy, The Beacon Business and Innovation Hub and NELTA – North East London Teaching Alliance and SCITT – to provide high quality learning experiences for all students.
We are a diverse, vibrant community with a strong sense of mutual respect and a highly inclusive culture. Our students enjoy a rich, varied curriculum which unlocks their potential, ensuring remarkable outcomes and confident progression. We also have fun! We encourage our students to develop their Beal character as: Heroes, Care Givers, Creators, Explorers and Leaders and they rise to this challenge every day. BE A Leader helps them to develop skills and values; collaboration, co-operation and celebration are the underlying principles.
Beal High School is a mixed, community comprehensive for students aged 11 – 18.
Beal High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. The below documents available to download from our website must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
An enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
We are delighted that we will be able to offer you:
- Quality CPD provided by our Computing and IT Department and NELTA training
- Progression opportunities within the Computing and IT Department as well as wider whole school responsibilities
- A competitive salary
- Childcare vouchers
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Onsite Canteen
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which gives staff confidential support and personalised information and resources when they are experiencing everyday challenges or more serious problems.
- A car park space
How to apply
To apply, please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms can be downloaded below, please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Suitable candidates may be interviewed before the closing date and Beal High School reserves the right to withdraw the position if an early appointment is made.
Closing date: 25 May 2018