Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Computing on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an 'Outstanding' school, where the community is vibrant and focused on learning and caring for its students. Staff relationships are very strong, supportive and welcoming. Its students like the school and behaviour is outstanding and they have approximately 1700 mixed ability students aged 11-18. This includes 320 studying academic courses in the sixth form. The GCSE exam results make them one of the highest performing non-selective state schools in the country reflecting the very effective three way partnership it enjoys; hardworking pupils, committed staff and supportive parents.
This is the only state-funded school where Anglicans, Roman Catholic and the Free Churches are bound together in a formal partnership to provide a common Christian education, which values the distinctive contribution of each tradition. It is a charitable trust jointly held by the Anglican Diocese of Southwark and the RC Diocese of Arundel and Brighton. Staff can be of any religion, or none at all, but must be able to support the ethos of the school.
The school is situated in Redhill, a commuter belt town in the Surrey Fringe area. They are close to the M25 and there are good transport links to London and the South Coast from Redhill station which is about 15 minutes walk from the school. They also benefit from being within walking distance of beautiful countryside. Many staff live locally, others commute from Guildford, South London, Kent and East & West Sussex.
The department is a popular choice for students at both KS4 and KS5, with numbers increasing in all courses. They currently offer GCSE Computing (OCR) and Cambridge National L2 iMedia at KS4. In KS5, students study A Level Computer Science and the Cambridge Technical in IT. The successful candidate will have the skills, expertise and passion to; help develop the curriculum, and enthuse students to achieve across KS3, 4 and 5. The post would suit an experienced teacher seeking a new challenge or an NQT who would benefit from a well established programme of induction year support.
The Successful Candidate:
- Graduate with a related degree
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Able to teach to A Level
- Able to actively support the ethos and mission of the school
- Successful teaching across age and ability range
- Good knowledge of current curriculum developments
- Able to implement and support school policies to provide effective pastoral care
- Staff are friendly and supportive of one another: relationships between staff and pupils were recognised by Ofsted as 'exceptionally strong'
- NQTs benefit from a well developed and comprehensive induction period programme and more experienced teachers are given the opportunity to participate in training which will help them to develop skills needed for middle and senior management roles
- There are good on-site catering facilities
- Staff are able to use the fitness facilities free of charge and to participate in sports activities
- Music is a big part of school life and staff are welcome to join the senior choir and instrumental groups
- There is a social event at the end of each term as well as occasional staff trips to the theatre
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information on this role, please contact email@example.com REF KR 1417820
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...