Teacher of Computing
Due to the expansion of the computing department an exciting opportunity has become available at our state of the art school. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly-motivated and experienced classroom practitioner with strong computational skills.
The successful candidate must have:
- The ability to teach computing up to KS4,
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a developing team,
- A passion for their subject that drives them to help pupils achieve their very best.
We will offer you:
- An extensive CPD programme to nurture and develop your talents at all levels,
- A professional, hard-working and supportive team that works together to create a welcoming, vibrant learning culture inclusive to all,
- Access to a network of successful schools to share best practice and develop career prospects at the highest level.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and all qualifications will be verified.
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 23rd April 2017. Interviews Wednesday 26th April 2017.
About the Employer
The Telford Langley School and The Telford Park School are sponsored by The Community Academies Trust (CAT) which has a track record of achieving and sustaining OUTSTANDING schools. Our approach is based on a fundamental belief that all young people have the talent and the potential to achieve more than they ever thought possible. Alongside the family of schools, the CAT has established a teaching school which ensures CPD opportunities are abundant for all, no matter what stage of your career you are at. The school is set in Telford, a bustling town centre nestled in the backdrop of the idyllic Shropshire countryside. There are a wealth of diverse attractions, both historical and contemporary, that attract visitors. The Ironbridge gorge is very popular, as are the picturesque market towns of Much Wenlock and Newport. Also, the excellent transport links mean that cities such as Birmingham and Manchester are in easy reach for further exploration.