Our vision is to be a beacon of educational excellence transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Teacher of Creative and Media Production
Reference Number: SCCG1965
Salary: £23,630—£39,135 per annum. Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 18th August 2019
Interview Date: W/C 19th August 2019
Location: University Centre, (FutureSkills at MediaCityUK)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE or will consider job share 2 x 0.5 FTE
The successful applicant will be able to teach level 3 to 6 in Media Production. It is essential for candidates to possess technical expertise in a variety of Media software, have in-depth knowledge of media theory and contexts and have an excellent understanding of the HE sector, teaching and assessment. It would be advantageous to have experience teaching on Access to H.E or BTEC Level 3 Media courses in addition. It is essential that applicants have a related degree, ideally a PGCE or equivalent and an MA degree. However, we will consider candidates who can demonstrate significant Industry experience and ability to teach HE content and assess effectively.
We also require applicants to have:
• Relevant industry experience in the Media (ideally the TV or Film sector).
• A good network of industry professionals.
• A good understanding of film and audio production equipment/technologies.
• Skills in Adobe Creative Suite and AVID Media Composer or Resolve.
• Confidence leading in a TV studio environment
• The ability to utilise new technologies in teaching and learning.
Successful candidates must have an absolute commitment to high standards and delivering an outstanding experience and outcome for learners. You will be committed to excellence in teaching and learning with a demonstrable track record.
Desirable attributes for the role include:
- MA degree
- HEA fellowship
- Avid Certified Instructor
- Proven record of teaching advanced levels.
- Experience of course management
- Knowledge and experience of Screenwriting
- Experience of directing for Film
- Proven knowledge and skills in documentary making
- Actively engaged in research, publication or industry practice.
- Experience working within the TV drama genre.
- Broad audio production and radio producing experience
- Experience managing work-based placements
- Proven strategies for improving and maintaining high student achievement, attendance and punctuality.
- Experience of new course development
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
• A range of developmental & career opportunities
• A number of optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes including IT Equipment, Childcare Vouchers & Bikes
• Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and fabulous savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling via CareFirst and health cash plans
• Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.