Aldar Education are currently seeking an outstanding Teacher of Creative Arts for Al Ghad Charter School in Abu Dhabi commencing immediately.
To be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Academies and Al Ghad Charter School and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
Key duties include:
- Delivery of our guaranteed classroom standards
- Planning and teaching Creative Arts lessons in line with school planning documents to every class in the school on a weekly basis
- Carrying out the role of a subject leader, participating and leading staff training and contributing to the development and further improvement of the school- where appropriate
- To comply with our agreed policies, and code of conduct
- Assist academy in achieving its overall vision and strategic intentions and to contribute to the achievement of relevant targets as set out in the academy’s improvement plan and self-evaluation form.
- Comply with regulations pertaining to health and safety at work legislation and adhere to school policies relating to safe working practice and equal opportunities regulations.
- Creating a climate that is conducive for outstanding Learning and Teaching.
- Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
- Setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest.
- Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation, and challenge
- Maintaining an effective learning environment in accordance with the academy's procedures and encouraging good practice about punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
- Assess, Monitor, Record, and Report learning objectives and use them to improve different aspects of teaching.
- Take part in subject or aspects of the academy's work and develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance.
- Liaise effectively with parents.
- Bachelor of Education Degree in Art or bachelor’s degree in equivalent field with PGCE or other teacher qualification.
- 2 years of experience in teaching Art and US Curriculum
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language.
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child.
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children.
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities.
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including non-monetary benefits. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.