The Physical Education Department at Knights Templar School is a thriving team of 7 teachers. We currently have a full-time, temporary position for a Dance and PE specialist to cover the maternity leave of one of our staff members, from September 2020 through to Summer 2021.
The PE staff are committed to encouraging students to develop physically and acquire the highest possible level of attainment and achievement in the skills and techniques which form part of the PE curriculum. We are seeking someone who shares the desire to provide a variety of opportunities, both competitive and non-competitive in which students can enjoy the experience and achieve success.
We are looking for a Teacher of Dance and Physical Education who:
• Believes in young people.
• Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom.
• Is keen to lead and manage a highly motivated staff team of teachers.
• Is passionate about their subject and is keen to improve standards still further across all year groups.
• Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
• Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range.
• Is committed to continuing to raise standards of attainment and developing the success of the department.
• Enjoys working as part of a team.
• Sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
In return we will offer you:
• A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
• Stability among teaching and support staff which brings both experience and commitment to our school community
• Supportive governing body and a senior leadership team that encourages a large degree of autonomy for middle leaders
• Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
• An excellent range of CPD opportunities.
• A community school in the pretty market town of Baldock, 33 miles north of London, within 30-40 minutes of both Cambridge and London by road or train.
• Extra-curricular sporting/musical facilities for staff
• Discounted Sports Centre Membership
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers (subject to recent Government changes)
Closing date: 9am, Monday, 24th February 2020
Interviews: Monday, 2nd March 2020
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS will be required.
Application packs are available to download from the school website .
Compl eted application forms, along with a covering letter (no more than two sides on skills and strengths relating to the post) to be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org