Teacher of Dance at the Archer Academy, MPS
Closing date: Noon on Friday 14th May 2021
Interview Day: Wednesday 19th May 2021
The Archer Academy seeks to appoint an exceptional teacher of Dance who will join our outstanding, Creative and Performing Arts Department.
We wish to recruit a collaborative and innovative teacher who can inspire our ambition to ‘unlock creative potential’ and celebrate the intrinsic value of dance. The department comprises of dedicated teaching staff who are committed to ensuring all students realise their full potential.
A core vision in the department is to provide students with opportunities to build on performance, choreography and appreciation skills in the curriculum. The dance department has a culture of nurturing and developing student’s talents and ensuring every student can succeed.
A key element of the role will be to promote and provide a wide range of opportunities for students participating in dance, within and beyond the classroom. We have successfully competed in a range of competitions to great acclaim and our school performances are a highlight of the academic year.
Last year in GCSE dance, 85% of our cohort secured grades 9-7 and 95% gained grades 9-5. In Dance, 55% of students exceeded FFT20 targets. This is testament to the departments rigorous support for choreographic and performance rehearsals.
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate and inspiring practitioner to make their mark.
The post is suitable for both NQTs and teachers that are more experienced. The successful candidate will have the ability to teach drama Key Stage Three alongside dance curriculum hours.
The Archer Academy seeks teachers who are:
- Outstanding practitioners who inspire students and colleagues
- Ambitious in leading and delivering a rigorous, academic and creative curriculum
- Committed to ensuring that every student realises their potential
- Flexible, collaborative and resilient
- Committed to the whole life of the school through our enrichment programme
- Focused on securing the highest ambitions for your students, the school and yourself
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a committed team player
- Understand the curriculum demands and have the vision to support and further develop an outstanding department
- Have experience of developing an exciting curriculum that engages every learner
In return we will offer you:
- A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff and help build on the school’s successes to date
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- An opportunity to further evolve our exciting curriculum across the key stages
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
- Leadership and management opportunities both now and in the future as the school continues to mature
The Archer Academy benefits from:
- A forward thinking senior leadership team
- A committed and talented body of staff
- A supportive Trust and Governing Body
- An excellent CPD programme – including a dedicated NQT mentor and induction programme
- A committed and innovative Well Being Committee
The Archer Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
Please submit your application using the Archer Academy application form by email to, Jessica Bryant, Headteacher’s PA & HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not hesitate to contact Jessica on 07708251440 with any questions or to arrange a tour of the school.
The Archer Academy
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
The Archer Academy is a co-educational secondary free school based in North London, for students aged 11-16.
The Archer Academy
Our vision for the Archer Academy is rooted in our desire...